29th Annual Bamboo Dojo Invitational Karate Tournament
Saturday, August 13th, 2022 - See Special Events for Details
The Bamboo Dojo is a Martial Arts school and training gym. We teach several types of Martial Arts, including Karate, Kobudo, Jujutsu, Aikido, and Iaido. All classes are taught by qualified instructors. Some of the many benefits to be gained from the study of Martial Arts are:
· increased self-confidence
· improved self-discipline
· higher levels of physical fitness including: flexibility, strength and endurance
In addition, Martial Arts classes provide training in self-defense and an opportunity for social interaction in a structured environment with other students of various ages. All students are provided with positive reinforcement for continued diligent study through the successful achievement of progressive "kyu" ranks and the award of diplomas at each level.
In addition to the regular schedule of classes, there are many opportunities throughout the year for seminars in various styles of Martial Arts, tournaments, parties, and a sleep-away camp held each summer for three days Webber College in Central Florida.
The Bamboo Dojo holds membership in Yoshukai Karate International, Sanuces Ryu Jujutsu, Toyama Ryu Batto-Do, and Ryu Kyu Kobudo.
We are members of The Florida Token Kai, Japanese Sword Society, and the Nippon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyoki, the society of the preservation of Japanese Art Swords. We buy and sell Japanese Swords.
Regular membership is $60 per month with discounts available for more than one student from the same family. We also have Martial Arts supplies, uniforms, and equipment available for sale at the Dojo for your convenience. Private instruction is available by appointment.
The Bamboo Dojo is located at 2111 14th Avenue in downtown Vero Beach, Florida. For more information, call 772-770-2491.
Covid-19 Procedures & Sanitation Process
- Out of an abundance of caution, our maximum capacity for classes will be 10 people, including parents. If the total amount of people in the dojo exceeds 10 people at any given time, parents may be asked to wait outside.
- We will allow time between classes for cleaning, and to avoid crowding as one group exits and another enters.
- Students are advised to stay home and not come to class if you:
- have a fever, even if you feel well otherwise
- have any condition causing you to cough or sneeze
- have lived or worked with anyone with flu-like symptoms (including fever) in the past two weeks
- have traveled outside Florida in the past two weeks